Tuesday 23 June 2015

Creation 9



This is a poster for Horlicks, a malted drink. I used a Van Gogh painting again as I saw the perfect opportunity for a poster. I imported this painting into Photoshop, then desaturated it, as it was too rich in colour and contrast and would make it hard to read with text. I then put the Horlicks bottle into Photoshop and deleted the white background. I put it into the empty space of this painting and chose to add some text. Whatever text I wrote, font I chose, colour I picked, it would never be readable. I did not want to blur the image, because that would look bad considering it was a small image. In the end I chose a stroke, as it was easier and looks better than plain text. The purple on the outside is a relaxing colour and isn’t too harsh on the eyes, whereas the white text is very easy to read and doesn’t cause problems. The reason I chose Horlicks was because warm malted drinks like this are supposed to make you fall asleep faster and help you relax, and it has worked on many people. This is why I thought it was a good idea to incorporate this drink into this painting of two people sleeping in the hay. Also, if they were sleeping on a bed I may have chosen different wording, but sleeping on hay makes you think they have been doing hard work, which is why I wrote “long day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment