Tuesday 23 June 2015

Creation 5



This image used The Persistence of Memory by Dali to promote Aero. I really like this painting and thought it would be a waste of an opportunity to not use this painting and the ‘melt’ area of this image. My first thought was pancakes, and began to find a pancake logo. Once I found a pancake provider, Hungry Jacks, I realised that pancakes and melting did not really have that much in common. I then decided to do chocolate, one brand that sprung to mind as soon as I thought of chocolate. Aero have always created advertisements saying how their chocolates melt in your mouth, so I thought it would be a great idea to add Aero into this painting. I found the Aero Logo and put it into the painting. I thought it would be a good idea to put it in the back of the image and make it look like it is coming out of the light near the back. Because the back of the logo was white, my job was made much easier. I added a layer mask and rubbed out the edges, then proceeded to rub some parts of the actual logo out with a low opacity to make it look faded. Now it looks like it is there naturally, which is the effect I was going for. I then added a very elegant font to the painting and added very simple wording to keep the poster simple. The words read ‘mouth-meltingly good’. These words may not be grammatically correct in some sense, but works very well when creating food adverts, as people at home like to see companies as normal people instead of huge companies. I made this text green, as it matches the bubbles in their logo and is their signature colour as well as contrasting well with the background. I then made some final adjustments to the painting where I made the light parts lighter and the darker parts darker, i.e., playing with the levels function of Photoshop. I think this is a very simple image and works well in promoting Aero. 

No comments:

Post a Comment