Tuesday 23 June 2015

Creation 10



This is a painting by Renoir and is a very bright and colourful afternoon landscape of a park or field. It is also a poster for Warburton’s bread. The reason for this is because I instantly thought of a picnic when I saw this painting, which reminded me of sandwiches, a very common thing to take on picnics. I did not mess around or alter anything of the original painting, as I thought it was perfect and didn’t need changing.  I then found the Warburton’s logo and put it in the bottom right corner. I then made an orange rectangle in the top right corner with the same shade of orange as the original logo. Inside this rectangle I wrote “Warburton’s for your picnics”. The reason behind the huge and loud text was because Warburton’s like to have a lot of impact in their adverts, which is what I tried to replicate. I chose a personal favourite font of mine, Langdon, and this created the effect of two text layers. I then made the word Warburtons much larger than the rest of the sentence, so that Warburtons would stand out. I then moved the logo and the text to the left, as it was blocking a lot of useful space on the right, such as the two people near the water. I think this works well with their own tone, as Warburtons are loud with their adverts, which is what I have done by adding bright orange to a painting with only blues and greens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment