Tuesday 23 June 2015

Creation 7



This image is a poster for Hartley’s Jam and is from a painting from Renoir. I found this image while browsing for pictures from a different artist and stumbled onto this. I thought it would make a great poster for strawberry jam, as there are strawberries painted by the artist. I first begun by adding to the saturation by a very small amount, then by selecting the strawberries and creating their own copy layer. I then raised the reds saturation on this layer, to make the strawberries more vibrant. I then found a Hartley’s Jam jar and took off the background. I then added many effects and Photoshop filters to it to make it fit into the painting, which took me a very long time to get right. I then added the jar into this painting, which then took me a while finding a good place for the jar. I then added text, and thought of no better than white to make it visible. It also matched very well to the image. I used the words ‘there’s always time for Hartley’s jam’, because this again makes the company feel like a person rather than a company, and makes the poster more approachable to the viewer. I added this to the corner because I felt there was no better place to put this text. Overall, I think because there is a direct link to the jam and the strawberries, the image is a lot stronger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment