Tuesday 23 June 2015

Creation 4



This is a poster I really like purely because of the use of colours and how they matched the scene. This painting was also created by Van Gogh, and is of a wheat field. I instantly thought of Weetabix, as they are a wheat grain cereal. I first made the saturation and contrast higher on Photoshop before doing anything else to it. I then found a very high resolution image of the logo, and then put that into Photoshop. Because it was a professional logo image, it was very quick for me to delete the background and put it into this painting. I then added some text, and had to think of something that would be inspiring, as the cereal is a breakfast food and is supposed to energize you. I also wanted to create this in a bold font, as that would really send the message of waking up and to get rid of sleepiness. I chose Bebas Neue, a very bold font, and made the text yellow, the same as the wheat field. I then added a drop shadow onto both the logo and the text. I added a drop shadow onto the logo because it gave it a less tacky feel and the drop shadow on the text so it would be more readable. I really like the use of colour that was used by Van Gogh, and I also like the way my yellow text combines with the blue night sky. Everything contrasts very well in this image and works perfectly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment