Tuesday 23 June 2015

Creation 8



This is a very simple poster for Skittles and used the painting of Georgia O’Keefe to make it possible. It is very clear what the image is trying to say and is very simple. I first found the image and opened it in Photoshop. I raised the saturation by a little bit and also got rid of some noise that was in the original image of the painting. I then added a blur at the top so that the text would be easier to see and would not distract your eyes. I then added the word Skittles, but did not use the same font, as I do not have Helvetica 95 Black. I did, however, have access to another version of Helvetica which had the same bold effect, which was a lifesaver in this case. I added a stroke, as I saw on their wrappers they have many different effects I was not about to reproduce. I simply added a stroke and a drop shadow to add a 3D effect and to make the image look a little bit more professional. I then skewed the image by holding the Control button and pulling on one of the transform points, creating a skewed effect. I made a very slight alteration then rotated the image, to replicate Skittles’ style. I then added the same style of text underneath saying “Taste the rainbow!”, and gave it all the same effects. All in all I think the image works, as there is a clear link between the two and makes that quite clear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment