Tuesday 23 June 2015

Creation 3



This image is very different to many others in the collection of images, as it uses a collection of images to make it all make sense. I decided to incorporate Starry Night by Van Gogh with coffee. The reason behind this was because Starry Night has many swirls in it, and reminded me of coffee, and some of the pictures of coffee, where there are intricate designs made into the coffee. I began this by finding a picture of a coffee cup, specifically at an angle that looks at the coffee. I then cropped the image more to the right for two reasons. The first reason would be so that the coffee cup would be in one of the points of the Rule of Thirds. The second reason was because I needed more space for the text without ruining the image by making it look crammed. I did this by using a slightly different effect for adding to an image. I selected an empty space of the table, then added it to the black space of the cropped image and stretched it out, making an unnoticeable stretch effect. I then began finding text for the image. I did not want to create too much text, as that would ruin the simplicity and minimalism of the image. I found the logo of Nescafe and put it into Photoshop. I then inverted the colours, as it was in black, then cut it out and added it to this image. For the decaf part, I found a font online that resembled the Nescafe font, and then added it to this image. This was when I began to add the Van Gogh painting to the image. I created a clipping mask for the coffee cup and instantly the painting came through. I blurred out the ends of the coffee, as the selection was not perfect. I then found a good spot for the painting to come through and placed it in position. I then blurred the edges of the edges where it came through, so it would not look too harsh. This is when I decided I would not add anything else to the image, as it was fine like this and did not need any more words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment