Tuesday 23 June 2015

Creation 1




This was the advert I created for Flora after finding and editing Vincent Van Goghs painting of sunflowers. I thought it was quite original since I had never really seen anyone else talk about the link between Flora using sunflower oil and the painting created by Van Gogh. The image is packed full of yellows, darks and lights, as well as some green. The image basically shows the bowl of sunflowers, with the Flora logo in the bottom right and the text in the bottom left saying “The healthier option.” I think this text is a good addition and fits well with the theme of the painting, without being too loud or brash. I created this on Adobe Photoshop CS6. The way I did this was I cropped the image longer than it should have been at the bottom. I then used the clone tool and cloned the colour above. This was made really easy, considering there was not anything that was going on underneath and instead of replacing a composite, I was simply adding more. When I had finished cloning the bottom, I found Flora’s logo on the internet in a high-res image. It was a PNG file format, which meant that the area behind the logo that did not need to be seen were not there, which made it easier for me to put into this painting. It took me a few go’s to get the positioning and sizing right, but I got there in the end, making it big enough to get to the bowl but not too big to be an eyesore.  The text also took me a few tries, as I struggled to find the correct font and colour, as well as sizing and positioning. In the end I decided on a serif typeface, in the corner of the image. I made the text pure black, but lowered the opacity so it would be less harsh and suit better with the image. Overall it was a very simple procedure and works well, in my opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment